Selling a property in a niche market, such as the cannabis industry, requires a specific scope of knowledge. A traditional real estate agent typically does not have expertise in this area of business. Green Zone Certified Agents specialize in cannabis real estate deals, and are the best option when buying or selling property for many reasons.
- Municipal Permitting – Each Michigan city has different regulations that are constantly changing. Green Zone Certified agents have experience navigating municipal processes. We at Bricks + Mortar Group have a broad database of continually updated municipality information, including local marijuana ordinances. Our agents are also experienced in permitting Green Zone properties before selling, which will allow both buyers and sellers to increase the value of their property.
- Zoning Requirements – Similar to municipal permitting, Green Zone Certified agents are familiar with municipality zoning. This includes buffer limits from churches, schools, daycares, and more. Certified agents are the best choice to ensure a property qualifies and lies within a Green Zone.
- Specialty Building Requirements – Marijuana facilities have many requirements, which vary widely between business types. For example; indoor cultivation facilities require high ceilings, heavy power, and more, while outdoor cultivation facilities have completely different requirements. Green Zone agents can ensure a property meets and exceeds all standards needed for a specific facility type.
- Unique Contract Negotiation Items – Bricks + Mortar Group’s Green Zone agents are experienced in ensuring reasonable time for due diligence, municipal permitting, and marijuana facility permit transfers. A traditional real estate agent likely does not have experience in this line of work.
- Industry-Specific Client Network – While traditional agents may have a couple people in their network who are in the cannabis industry, Green Zone Certified agents have thousands of cannabis industry contacts. Your property will be presented to clients who are looking for a location exactly like yours, which means a higher sale price, as well as a faster closing!
- Access to Market Data – Green Zone Certified agents have access to information from a verifiable database of Michigan cannabis real estate transactions. This allows them to properly evaluate and price your property. Property values vary from municipality to municipality. depending on many factors. These include local permitting policies, availability of other green zoned property, and comparable sales prices. Only Green Zone Certified agents in the State of Michigan have a pricing model that accurately reflects these items.
- Deal Management – Cannabis-related transactions have unique challenges. Most title companies refuse to handle them. Closing agents and escrow companies won’t touch them. Most appraisers don’t understand the marijuana industry, and banks refuse to loan. Green Zone Certified Agents are well-versed in navigating these challenges, and will ensure a smooth transaction.
As you can see, there are many factors that can impact a real estate deal in Michigan’s cannabis industry. For a smooth transaction, earlier closing date, and the best sale price, Green Zone Certified Agents are the obvious choice due to their extensive knowledge and experience in the industry.
If you are interested in selling your property, get an instant offer HERE!